Thursday, August 2, 2007

A Bible moment...

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:5-11


Every once and a while I will post passages from the Bible. Sometimes I may even write a few words on that passage and other times I will let you just enjoy the Word of God with no commentary from me. I really enjoy this passage as it shows the two natures of Christ, fully God (Who being in very nature God) and fully human (made himself nothing...being made in human likeness). I am so thankful that he did come to earth to walk with us and to be the perfect sacrifice. Without Him there would be no hope. With that I pray that the Holy Spirit guides you as you study God's Word. God Bless.

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: